Subject: Finally pulled the trigger on my first M car, 2016 M4
Subject: So my mother is giving me this car when she moves to Florida! Never owned a bmw I am so excited. Any info on this car would be awesome and appreciated! Attached 4 pics
Subject: HELP/ADVICE ‘17 330i engine replacement.
TL/DR: my pre-owned 330i I’ve had for 3 years/30k miles leaked coolant and oil on a road trip causing it to overheat. I towed it to BMW, replaced head gaskets, coolant vent line, and oil filter housing for 4.5k then 20 miles later engine leaks oil. Now they say an engine replacement (19k) is my only option and they found an aftermarket part in the engine. What do I do? Sell and lease, trade in, or repair?
Full story: I am moving from New York to California and decided to drive my car across rather than ship it. For the first 2000 miles loaded up and driving we were fine but we then had a temperature climb warning. We stopped to cool off the engine and tried again. A few miles later, engine overheat warning, low coolant message. I refilled the empty coolant and continued. Not long after that there’s another overheat warning, coolant gone, oil pressure dropping (and brake fluid low?) we totally stopped here and had the car towed. At BMW they performed a recall part swap for the coolant vent line from the cylinder head, replaced my oil filter housing and gaskets for about 4.5k. After that I loaded up my car and started again. Less than 30 miles out of the dealership my cars oil pressure warning came back and we stopped. After returning the car to bmw they told me the problem was an aftermarket boost kit that I didn’t know about (I had seen a chip sitting in the glove box when I bought it used but it wasn’t connected anywhere?). The car definitely didn’t feel like it was boosted to me.
I just graduated college and I am not ready to pay 18 grand for a new engine without a loan. Since the car is so new, I figure the rest of the components haven’t worn so badly and the engine replacement still holds some value, but I am stained by bmw for now and i want more realistic options via trade in until I can afford to deal with my favorite machines.
If you were in my shoes, do you take the loan to keep ownership of the car, trade in for an old Toyota or something, or do you take the cash value of the car and lease until you can afford better?
Subject: Still fun tho
Subject: First new car in 17 years I joined shadowline gang
Subject: Shot this M5 a couple months back. Absolutely fell in love with this spec!
Subject: My First BMW
Subject: 2012 328xi Finally delivered today!!! My second Bmw:)
Subject: Lovely prefacelifted E38 spotted in Düsseldorf-Derendorf
Subject: Diamond grille installed this morning… Those side clips are a beast, but alas I didn’t break anything!!
Subject: First BMW - New to me 2018 M2 with only 15,000km on the clock
Subject: COOL CHROME LOGO I MADE @studiostageone on IG
Subject: New X4M is at the dealership. Been waiting a while for this….pick it up on Saturday.
Subject: my 1 series wound up in a ditch :(
Subject: Anyone had this iDrive software upgrade error before? Dealership want £150 to perform the “free” update because I’m out of warranty…any ideas on how to get around this?
Subject: Super old BMW - I have passed this BMW parked in the same place for about 30 years now
Subject: My first BMW - 330i (19 plate)
Subject: Kept it stock for about a year, time for a new exhaust
Subject: Blue <3
Subject: My souls hurts for this 5 series